Jacob’s Ladder

Jacob’s Ladder

By: Brain Keaney

Genre: Horror

Rating : 4 out 5

Review by: Cole

Jacob's Ladder

I have read many good books in the past but these are some of my favorites: Jacob’s Ladder, The Invention of Hugo Cabret and Conspiracy 365 series. The book I am recommending is a book called Jacob’s Ladder by Brian Keaney.  This fast paced horror book is very good for people ages 12 to 40. I liked this book because it made me want to keep reading. I couldn’t stop. This book is similar to Everlost. I would recommend this book if you are into horror books, although I would not recommend this book if you don’t like horror. The thing that kept me hooked was the way the book flowed with nonstop action. This is not part of a series.  It is a stand-alone book.

2 thoughts on “Jacob’s Ladder

1. Great Cole!!
    I agree with Mrs. Eaves. Horror isn’t my genre. One time I read “Goosebumps” at night, (not a great idea) and I had nightmares about it. But it looks like a good book anyway. It sounds like an intriguing page-turner!! “The Invention of Hugo Cabret” is an awesome book. I liked it a lot!!
    Happy Summer!
    Matt

2. Thanks for your review Cole. I don’t read horror much. I have a hard time not scaring myself – it stays with me. What kind of horror is this – suspenseful or violent? What makes it stand out in the genre? It seems quite different from the other books on your “favorites” list. It seems like action, intrigue and fast pace are the key. If so, you’d like The Emerald Atlas.
    Happy Reading,
    Mrs. Eaves