Warrior Heir

Warrior Heir

The Warrior Heir (The Heir Chronicles, #1)

Author: Cinda William Chima

Genre: Fantasy/Mystery

Review by Skyler

Warrior Heir is a tale fit for the most adventurous readers. I loved this book because there’s danger around every corner and tragic mysteries to be solved. It’s action packed and filled with adventure. Warrior Heir is similar to Harry Potter only better!

The book is about a 16 year old boy, Jack, who finds out he’s the last warrior and looks for one of the great seven blades.  There are two sides ruling the magic world that Jack is truly from (warriors, wizards, seers, sorcerers, soothsayers, and enchanters) – The Red Rose and the White Rose.  There is also a game in which each ruling sides (Red and White Rose) must send forth a warrior to fight to the death in order to establish their rule over Weirland.

Suddenly, a man named Hastings appears and enlists Jack in the Game. Only before he can fight, two men take him away. This means that both the Red and White Rose are after him so they can play Jack in the tournament. If he can survive up to the game, he can play.  His friends and family might stop him first though.

Warrior Heir is entertaining; once you start you won’t stop until you finish the book.  It’s a page-turner. It has intense action and unbearable betrayal. This book is the first book of the amazing Heir Chronicles.  ENJOY!

2 thoughts on “Warrior Heir

1. Awesome review Sky!!
    I have never heard of this new series. It looks like it is really awesome and does the book end in a cliff hanger? Does it leave you searching for the next book? I like when it does that because it motivates you to read the rest of the books. Does Jack want to fight in the Game? I guess I’ll have to find out for myself.
    Happy Summer!
    Matt

2. Sky,
    I didn’t know about this new series. It reminds me of the Hunger Games because of the forced contest to fight to the death. It sound intriging because it takes place in Ohio and has connections to an unknown world.

I wonder what the swords are for and I wonder why there are seven.
    While you’re waiting for the next books to come out you might like reading The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flammel. In this twins from the present must work with ancient powers from around the world and across the ages to defeat global destruction and dark magic. There are 5 books so far. I think you’d enjoy them.
    Happy Reading,
    Mrs. Eaves