Ranger’s Apprentice Book 1: The Ruins of Gorlan

256 pages…a good, solid read!

Will, a member of the “orphanage” in Redmont fief, always dreams about being a knight enrolled in Battleschool. When Choosing Day comes, and he requests Battleschool, the battlemaster refuses and it looks like Will will be a farmer, the most boring job in the world. But there is hope! Will sees the ranger, Halt give the Baron of Redmont a note about him. And one way or another, Will finds out that he has been chosen as a ranger’s apprentice. What does a ranger do? Does he have weapons? Will Halt be nice? These are all questions floating around in Will’s head. Read Ranger’s Apprentice Book 1: The Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan.

Read all of the Ranger’s Apprentice books, 10  in total!

MOVIE ALERT! This book is 50% go for a movie! Last I heard was that the director, Paul Haggis, was having trouble with the funds for the movie…but we can hope!

Buy this book from Amazon.com!

Here’s the Ranger’s Apprentice Site: www.rangersapprentice.com.

4 thoughts on “Ranger’s Apprentice Book 1: The Ruins of Gorlan

1. Hi Matt,
    I finished The Ruins of Gorlon yesterday. loved it! I can’t wait to get more. What excitement and great characters. Holt and Will are wonderful.

2. Thanks Ember!
    I agree, that book was very good. My 5th grade teacher recommended that to me, and she loved all 10 of the books. Have you read any others in the series? I read “The Burning Bridge” and it was great, but I haven’t gotten around to reading any of the others. This is definitely a series that you have to read them in order, you can’t just pick up any old one. I am planning on reading the next ones in the summer.
    -Matt

3. This book is amazing. I love the plot line behind the whole series and the way that the author uses suspense it makes me want to read it faster to shove it all in and know. Every one of the books in the series surprises me and turns me every which direction. It is a definite recommendation to all young readers that enjoy fantasy.

4. Wa-hoo! Post 100 – way to go. You certainly make we want to put that series of my to-read list by your review. How many have you read and which has the best plot in your opinion?