(Maybe the title’s too long.)
Are you up for some mind twisting, brain boggling puzzles? If you are, then read this book: The Mysterious Benedict Society – Mr. Benedict’s Book of Perplexing Puzzles, Elusive Enigmas and Curious Conundrums by Trenton Lee Stewart. These puzzles have everything to do with the bestselling series, The Mysterious Benedict Society. SPOILER ALERT! If you have not read at least one of the Mysterious Benedict Society, do not read this book! It will be a lot more enjoyable if you have read one or more of them because you will know the characters and the puzzles will make more sense. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!!!
Now, on to the book! There are all different types of puzzles in this awesome book. There are poem puzzles, test puzzles, bucket puzzles, and a ton more MBS related puzzles! Here is a puzzle for you to try out:
S.Q. is often confused. In fact, he routinely mangles his words.
For each sentence spoken by S.Q., can you figure out what two similar words he might possibly mean?
1. “I’m simply astoundished!“
a___________d & a____________d
2. “Let’s inspectigate!“
i__________t & i___________e
3. “That seems very complexicated.“
c___________x & c_______________d
–The Mysterious Benedict Society – Mr. Benedict’s Book of Perplexing Puzzles, Elusive Enigmas and Curious Conundrums by Trenton Lee Stewart
If you would like to print this partial puzzle out and solve it, or give it to family or friends, drag the link to your desktop, open it then print it. Thanks and Enjoy!
More fun MBS Stuff:
- Get your Mysterious Benedict Society Member certification now with an app for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch that is called Mysterious Benedict Society. It has excerpts from MBS books, puzzles and more. And it is free!
- The official Mysterious Benedict Society website is here: www.mysteriousbenedictsociety.com
- The Mysterious Benedict Society post can be found here by a guest blogger back in June 2011.